The dark tan may be out of style, but lots of brides still want to give their skin a little extra oomph by getting a spray tan. Here's what to keep in mind to make sure yours looks nice and even and not at all orange.
1. Exfoliate at least two times per week starting several months before your wedding day using an exfoliant. Exfoliation gets rid of dead skin cells that may prevent your wedding day tan from looking even and fresh.
2. When your skin is healthy and hydrated it holds a fake tan longer and better, so moisturize every day after your shower. Just avoid lotions that contain alcohol or anti-aging ingredients, as they tend to dry out the skin. But on the day of your spray tan, make sure you do not apply any lotion beforehand (or makeup or deodorant, which can also contain oils that keep the tan from soaking in). Your skin should be clean, dry and free of any products.
3. Always do waxing 24-48 hours before your spray tanning appointment. Doing this afterward can make the tan come off in those areas.
4. Book a trial appointment, maybe on the day of your engagement or bachelorette party. There are many different types of spray tanning solutions and techniques so it's best to find the one that's right for your skin.
5. For the most foolproof results, splurge on a tan administered by an experienced technician, not a session in an automatic spray-tan booth, where your results may be less even and realistic.
Will you be getting a spray tan before your wedding? Do any of you have tanning tips to add to this list?